Montana Conservation Voters, Inc. is a statewide membership organization serving as the political voice of Montana's conservation and environmental community.
MCV was founded in 1999 by a steering committee of dedicated leaders and staff from groups seeking a political response to attacks on environmental laws in the state.
Today, MCV shines a spotlight on the votes and actions of elected officials - from the Courthouse to Congress - affecting clean air and water, open spaces, wildlife, and public health. MCV works for responsible stewardship of Montana's incredible natural assets by providing voter participation services to over 35,000 conservationists.
Through its affiliated political action committee, MCV supports candidates who stand up for conservation principles.
- Members: Dues-paying members make an investment in the future of Montana's environment, and make their vote count
- Board of Directors: A statewide board provides diversity, expertise, and energy to govern the organization and represent their communities
- Staff: These professionals and techinical support people work for conservation every day from MCV's three offices;
- Community Chapters: For grassroots action and accountability work with legislative and local elected officials, MCV has chapters in Flathead, Gallatin-Park, Missoula and Yellowstone counties, and member teams in other communities;
- Political Action Committee: The MCV-PAC is a committee of the MCV Board of Directors which endorses candidates and coordinates MCV's political strategy. The PAC is also a fund, supported by MCV members to directly support the election of conservation candidates.
Montana Conservation Voters Education Fund, MCV's sister organization, is a non-profit organization dedicated to involving citizens in our democratic process. MCV Education Fund publications include Congressional Watch, environmental briefing papers, vote by mail applications, and voter registration information. Programs include the Government Accountability Project, the Citizen Media Message Project, the Leadership Development Project, the List Enhancement Project. MCV Education Fund shares staff and office space with Montana Conservation Voters.