The Labor of Love
MCV and the national League of Conservation Voters (LCV) along with hundreds of grassroots volunteers helped bring out the vote in the November 7th, 2006 mid-term election.
In the 2006 campaign, Montana Conservation Voters expanded its grassroots voter contact program that:
- Involved over 300 members, volunteers and staff in the door-to-door and phone calling program and legislative action program;
- Knocked on 16,000 doors in Kalispell, Columbia Falls, Lolo, Missoula, Bozeman, Livingston, Helena, Joliet, and Billings to communicate with voters about conservation issues and candidates;
- Mailed nearly 68,000 pieces of conservation voter information to voters in key districts across the state;
- Made over 22,000 calls to voters in the weekend’s final get out the vote activities;
- Provided voter participation services to over 300 people requesting voter registration and absentee ballot information, increasing citizen participation in the democratic process.