MCV and MCVEF Seek Billings Intern for the 2011 Fall Semester
Want to help make the environment a key issue in the public debate? Montana Conservation Voters has an exciting internship available for 15 – 25 hours per week. Don’t miss this great opportunity!
Montana Conservation Voters is the political arm of Montana’s conservation and environmental community, working to elect pro-conservation candidates to the legislature, local and statewide office. MCV works to engage conservationists in the democratic process as voters and activists. MCV has a chapter in Yellowstone County and coordinates the Billings Conservation Roundtable, bringing groups together in an effort to advance pro-conservation policy priorities, educate the public, and hold local and legislative officials accountable for their votes on the environment.
Location, Supervision, Time Commitment: The internships will begin in mid to late September, 2011 in MCV’s home office, located at 3318 3rd Ave N. Ste 208, Billings, MT 59101. The internship is between 15 – 25 hours per week, depending on credit load. Interns work in a supportive, professional environment. Internship hours are flexible but regular. Desk, computer, phone and materials are provided.
Compensation: Interns may earn credit for participation in the program. Unpaid, research-based projects by graduate students may waive the minimum hourly requirement. Approved out of pocket expenses incurred with the internships are reimbursed, though none are expected.
- Arrange programs and assist in coordinating the Billings Conservation Roundtable, bringing diverse conservation leaders together to discuss conservation and environmental issues;
- Research and prepare city council voting record, tracking relevant votes and actions of importance on conservation and the environment;
- Prepare one or more briefing paper on priority city issue;
- As time allows, use MCV video camera to record and produce educational materials for web site and social networking sites.
- Graduate or upper class student in Environmental Studies, Media and Communications or Political Science. Others are encouraged to apply if their studies or individual goals relate to MCV’s mission.;
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong academic record with good or excellent grades;
- Can demonstrate how internship will enrich educational and professional goals;
- Committed to MCV’s mission to protect t environment through political action.
To apply: Please provide a cover letter, resume, and three references (can be academic and/or work related) to Eric Halstvedt, Database Administrator, at PO Box 63, Billings, MT, 59103 or email at materials to email@example.com.